Mrs Lynda Bell – Youth Co-ordinator (Purple Bus)
Mrs Sharon Holden – Village Hall and Housing
Mr Alex Baker
Miss Laura Green – Play Area
Mrs Gaye Jordan – Village Green
Mr Rob Moss – Winter Planning
Mrs Daphne Trussler – Footpaths and Rights of Way
Mr Stephen Wordsworth – Planning

VACANCY – please contact the Clerk or Chair if you are interesting in joining the PC

Mrs Helen Cruikshank

District Councillors

Natalie Hume

Gareth Evans

County Councillor
Mrs Janet Duncton
01798 342528

Reporting Issues


If you wish to report a pothole or any road or pathway problem (including flooding, overgrown vegetation and fly-tipping) then you will need to do so to WEST SUSSEX COUNTY COUNCIL as they are responsible for all highways and street issues across the County. You can do this in a number of ways:

Visit the website: (You are able to report an issue and upload photos using a live map)

Report with the West Sussex mobile app: If you have a smart phone you can download the free app which will enable you to report issues on the move and track its progress

Or simply: Phone WSCC Highways on 01243 642105

Please note: If you are reporting an emergency, such as trees which have fallen down or drain/inspection covers that are missing, either during office hours or which will require an out of hours response, then please phone 01243 642105. All reports received through Love West Sussex or submitted to the email addresses are not monitored over the weekend or on bank holidays.

Footpaths and Rights of Way – any issues regarding these, please report to the Parish Council or report directly on 01243 777620 or email

If you wish to report a water leak or missing manhole cover outside of your property then you will need to contact SOUTHERN WATER on 0845 278 0845 (missing manhole cover) or the Leakline 0800 820 999 (water leak)

Please contact OPERATION CRACKDOWN for anti-social driving (i.e. speeding, careless and aggressive driving and driving whilst on a mobile phone) and abandoned vehicles. Either via the website or 01243 642222

To report all non-emergency POLICE matters, call 101 or visit

Advice on bonfires and guidelines can be found on CDC website (

In general terms, the occasional small garden bonfire burning dry wood/plant material may be acceptable, whilst burning of other household materials such as painted wood, plastics, furniture and mattresses etc would not. Do not light a fire if the wind will carry smoke over roads. To report any problems with pollution (noise, air and light) email or phone 01243 534598. Severe problems with these may be reported to the local Police for their advice on 101.

Dog Warden Services or 01243 785166

Please note:

The Parish Council has no power to deal with issues between neighbours. However an informal pleasant approach by yourself to the person responsible, could resolve the matter without involving the need for a formal complaint. It may also be more effective and least damaging in the long-term.

Dec 3, 2015 | Posted by | Comments Off on Councillors